Bob L. Sturm
Associate Professor, Ph.D.
Audio Analysis Lab
Department of Architecture, Design and Media Technology
Aalborg University Copenhagen
A.C. Meyers Vænge 15
DK-2450 Copenahgen SV, Denmark
Phone (work): +45 99 40 76 33
Phone (fax): +45 44 65 18 00
Bob L. Sturm received the B.A. degree in physics from
University of Colorado, Boulder in 1998,
the M.A. degree in Music, Science, and Technology,
at Stanford University, in 1999,
the M.S. degree in multimedia engineering in the
Media Arts and Technology program at
University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB), in 2004,
and finally the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in
Electrical and Computer Engineering at UCSB,
in 2007 and 2009, respectively.
Dr. Sturm specializes in signal processing,
sparse approximation, and their applications to audio and music.
During 2009, Dr. Sturm was a Chateaubriand Post-doctoral Fellow
at the Institut Jean Le Rond d'Alembert,
Equipe Lutheries, Acoustique, Musique (LAM),
at Université Pierre et Marie Curie, UPMC Paris 6.
In January 2010, Dr. Sturm became Assistant Professor at
the Department of Architecture, Design and Media Technology at Aalborg University Copenhagen.
In 2011, he was awarded a two-year Independent Postdoc Grant
from the Danish Agency for Science, Technology and Innovation, beginning January 2012.
His current research interests are:
digital signal processing for audio and music signals,
algorithms for sparse approximation and compressive sampling,
and music and audio information retrieval.
Pursuits in the Null Space
My publications in IEEE Explorer
My publications in Google Scholar
Digital Signal Processing Laboratories
- Spring 2012: 5 Lectures in Sound and Music Computing (5 ECTS, 4th semester Bachelor)
- Spring 2012: 8 lectures in Design and Analysis of Experiments (5 ECTS, 4th semester Bachelor)
- Fall 2011: Multivariate Statistics and Pattern Recognition (5 ECTS, 1st semester Master's)
- Spring 2011: Artificial Intelligence Programming (2 ECTS, 6th semester)
- Spring 2011: Graphical User Interfaces, Networks, and Multithreaded Programming (1 ECTS, 4th semester)
- Fall 2010: "Music Analysis, Cognition, and Synthesis": Sparse Approximation of Audio and Music Signals: Part 1 (115 MB), Part 2 (12 MB), Part 3 (8 MB), Part 4 (161 MB) (3 ECTS, PhD Course)
- Fall 2010: Interactive Systems Programming (2 ECTS, 7th semester)
- Spring 2010: Graphical User Interfaces, Networks, and Multithreaded Programming (1 ECTS, 4th semester)